Friday, April 9, 2010

Earthquaker in the epicenter


Today I will tell about my experience of February 27th 2010.
That day I stayed in my parents’ home in Concepción. Hours before I asked my brother to go out to his bedroom and I went to sleep. I was sleeping peacefully when I felt that my bed moved. Then the moment became very quickly and fuzzy all. I remember that I woke up and I listen a yell out from my brother calling me. Then he came into bedroom and he toke me out of there. We quickly went down the stairs and we got together in the principal door. While we waited that the movement stopped, we called out my dad for him to appear, but he didn`t appeared. I hugged my mom. I was scared. I sensed the smell of dust. The moment felt eternal. When the movement past my dad appeared with lanterns and a battery-radio. The only station that we could hear was an argentine one. In that moment we discovered that the movement was an earthquake.
The day after that we woke up near to the fire at the home of a neighbor. There they gave me a chocolate. I was happy because it calmed my nerves.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Tamara. That must have been quite an experience. I hope everything is well or at least getting better with your family and friends.

    ReplyDelete