Thursday, June 17, 2010

Ken Robinson says "the school kills the creativity"


Today I will talk about a person that I did not know until now. He says a lot of very interesting things about education. I’m talking about Ken Robinson, who gave a conference where he talked about actual education. In this conference, he criticized the education’s system, and he told stories about how their children were using their imagination, but they were not understood. So, he said that schools kill the creativity and imagination. This is a thing very interesting idea for analysis, because if you think, what do children do when they are at the school?
We can say that mostly, children memorize contents and the contents are not diverse. So, I think that before creating new things, they should learn the theory, but, of course, they can also learn the contents with creative. I don´t know very well but I think that when I grew up I lost my creativity, I lost the surprise’s capacity and I found out that nothing was new, so I became more structured.
What Robinson said was true: when we are adults we have scare to commit mistakes, so we don’t test new things and I think that is bad in a lot of ways, so is very important promote the imagination to create new things and thus be innovators.

If you heard this conference you visit http://www.ted.com/talks/lang/eng/ken_robinson_says_schools_kill_creativity.html
I will recommend

2 comments:

  1. And not only when we are adult, the school reinforces in the children the loss of creativity...

    Regards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm agree with Clau, the school is normalizing process

    Bye Tami

    ReplyDelete